Even if you’re new to the bookish community, I am sure you would have seen a book haul in some way shape or form. Basically, when the end of the month comes around we pull out all the books that we have accumulated over the month and put them in a pile. We take photos of our hauls, we talk about them, or we just stand there looking at them and cringing at how much money we spent.
Up until now I haven’t really talked about my book hauls on Instagram or on my blog because I normally accumulate more books that I am comfortable admitting, so I just end up keeping it to myself… BUT NOT ANYMORE! This month is *hopefully* going to be the start of a regular segment of my blog where I share all the books I have acquired.
I’m also going to be keeping these hauls somewhat exclusive to my blog, so that you guys get the inside scoop on my book buying addiction 😉
For the month of April I accumulated 14 new books – as well as 4 new hardback editions of the Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas (I didn’t count them in this haul as they’re just new versions of books I already own.)
- Cress by Marissa Meyer
- Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins – I went to the Boffins YA preview night that was held in Perth city in April, and they offered a 25% discount on all their YA titles on the night. So naturally I bought myself a couple of books. I’ve heard loads of good things about this little trilogy so I thought it was time that I picked it up.
- My Sister Rosa by Justine Larbalestier – Also bought at the Boffins event
- Waer by Meg Caddy – Also bought at the Boffins event
- The Shadow Queen by C. J. Redwine – This is actually just a replacement for the damaged copy I received from Book Depository late last month.
- Uprooted by Naomi Novik – Part of my bookclub (Read With Sammy BOTM)
- The Glittering Court by Richelle Mead – Part of my bookclub (Read With Sammy BOTM)
- Prodigy by Marie Lu
- The Last Wish by Andrzej Sapkowski – One of my dear friends, Anita, lent me her version of this book a while ago. I finally gave in and bought my own copy of the book so I could return hers to her.
- Spark by Brigid Kemmerer – I have been picking up these books as I see them second hand, and I managed to score this one for $5 at my local second hand store in the city (Elizabeth’s bookstore)
- Last Human by Doug Naylor (Red Dwarf #3) – One of my best friends Abby surprised me by visiting me at work a few weeks ago, and she gave me this beauty! She found it in an op shop and she knows how much of a Red Dwarf fan I am so she grabbed it for me.
- The Man Who Spoke Snakish by Andrus Kivirähk – This book was sent to me by one of my lovely Instagram followers/pen-pals! It’s an English translation of a popular Estonian story and it’s sparked the idea of collecting literature from all around the world (stay tuned for that project)
- Flamecaster by Cinda Williams Chima – Thank you to Harper Collins YA Aus
- The Outliers by Kimberly McCreight – Thank you to Harper Collins YA Aus
I’m really looking forward to reading all of these titles, and I will do my best to write and post up reviews for them as I do.
Are there any books in my haul that you’ve read and loved, or that you’re thinking of picking up yourself? Also, tell me about the books you’ve gotten this month!